My mornings had fallen into a predictable pattern.
- Wake up.
- Eventually roll out of bed.
- Proceed to my laptop.
- Read and answer emails.
- Read national and local news.
- Scroll down my Facebook feed.
- Take far too much time on 5, 6, and 7.
- Realize I’m running late.
- Rush to cook breakfast.
- Quickly read a few Bible verses while scarfing oatmeal.
- Pray in-between bites.
- Hurriedly finish my makeup and hair.
- Dash out the door to work.
Then one day, as I was wishing I felt stronger in my faith, it hit me.
An idol had crept into my life. Continue reading “Dethroning my social media god”